Tuesday, September 18, 2012

" The Worry Tree"



This month’s theme: Anticipation
How can we maintain balance and inner-peace when faced with change and uncertainty? As we anticipate a new program year ahead, we’ll talk about excitement, fear, and anxiety and how we can cope with all these feelings in times of change.

Sunday, September 18th
 Children’s Chapel

When do you worry?
What do you worry about?
Who do you turn to with your worries?
What makes you feel better?

Today as children of all ages worship together, we will ask these questions and introduce the “Worry Tree,” a story by Laura Wilkinson Spencer. Ask your child or youth to show you our worry tree at church and feel free to add to our tree.
Each child today will also be sent home with a Worry Tree book; a place to log worries when they can’t be near our tree.

TIP: Have a conversation with your child about what helps you feel better when you feel worried. Help them think about who they can talk to when they have a worry (parent, grandparent, minister, etc.)

Grandfather tree,
Will you hold my worries for me?
Today is a day when I could your help,
When it feels too much to do all by myself.

Grandmother tree,
Will you lift this burden for me?
With a little help my load is light
My day ahead looks warm and bright!

No comments: